Monday, October 18, 2010

An Ode to My To-Do List

A girl's best friend
may not be diamonds or gold
that's quite a bummer
so, I'm told.
But, they don't  know
how it feels to dig oneself out of a mountain
of things.
At home, at work, and even in my sleep,
I often think of all the items that make me feel
like I'm in too deep!
So, I have a new best friend
my yellow pad that isn't far
from where I'm sitting at all.
And when the mountain feels too high to climb,
I scribble on this little notepad of mine.
All the things that I need to-do!
Funny, that didn't take so much time.
But, now, I have, conquered the biggest problem of all.
Realizing that God hasn't made any task too tall.
It's a matter of perspective, and now that it's organized, I find
That those lines through each item gives me peace of mind!

Bad poetry. You are right! Back to work now ...... Just thought I'd have a little fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment